Itinerary: Suceava (or other starting point) – Tg. Neamt – Agapia – Varatec – Vanatori Neamt – Suceava
Approx. distance: 200km
Time: approx. 9 hours
Tour description: The tour starts in the morning, at a mutually agreed time and we will visit:
- Neamt Fortress – Issued from the local society’s necessities, the fortress of Neamtz was build in the period of consolidation of the romanian medieval state on the east side of Carpathians. Along the centuries, the history of the fortress has been tidely combined with the history of the whole Moldavia, for the fortress marked some important moments of this history, keeping on its walls the traces of the days of glory or those of sorrow of the past times.
- Agapia Monastery – a Romanian Orthodox monastery located 9 km west of Târgu Neamț, in Agapia Commune It was built between 1642 and 1647 by Romanian Voivode Vasile Lupu. The church, restored and modified several times during the centuries was painted by Nicolae Grigorescu, between 1858 and 1861.
- Varatec Monastery – combines elements of the old Moldavian style of the 15th and 16th centuries with foreign influences of the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century.
- Neamt Monastery – is one of the oldest and most important of its kind in Romania. It was built in 15th century, and it is an example of medieval Moldavian architecture. Sumptuous, with delicate colour effects, the monastery shows the maturity of the Moldavian architectonic style, which matured during Stefan cel Mare’s period.
- Secu Monastery (optional)
- Sihastria Monastery (optional)
The monasteries on this tour, different in style and setting from those in Bukovina proper, have a light of their own.
PRICE: 160 lei/person (approx. 36 EUR/person)
Observation: The tour is available for a minimum of 4 persons. For less than 4 persons, please contact us by email at email@example.com
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Professional guide/driver
- Transport with middle class car
- Tickets (entrance fees) to all monasteries
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE: personal expenses, coffee breaks, meals, foto and video taxes.